Thursday, May 22, 2014

What's the rush? Slow down.

When I woke I heard this question: What's the rush?  After two days of
long hours and tough routes, I realized I really needn't push so hard.

The morning's walk was a lovely, quiet amble.  I hardly needed the poles.  The air was cool and breezy.  Lovely.

I've not been a person greatly attracted to poetry let alone given to crafting it, but there I was with lines popping into my head:

The leaves dancing in the breeze, singing come, come.

The aromatic eucalyptus celebrate meditative paths.

And

Crunch, crunch the Orange shoes traveling the path.

I told you I'm not a poet, but these weren't my designs, they came to me whole.  Clearly my attention is required.

I started this on Wednesday and didn't finish, so here I continue.

If I were a real power house, I would be in Santiago after tomorrow.  I'm not, so most likely Sunday.

What fool said there were no more ascents or descents?  There have been and will continue to be until Santiago.  Just not as dreadful as first few days.

 Lovely woman and her daughter from Ireland,( County Clare) -chatted me up at lunch yesterday. So many lovely folks.   However...



 I had intended on staying at that Albergue for the night (upper bunk) but the gentleman on the lower bunk was really quite unpleasant and after much reflection I decided to push on another 4km.   And hope f or a bottom bunk.

I'm pleased that walking isn't as hard as it was in the beginning.  I AM SLOW.






 



Well, I knew my pace was slow, and it doesn't matter because it's what this body can do.

Set off this morning at 6:30. Long way to walk...for me.  And it rained for four hours straight.  I was grateful to be from the PNW.  The only real drawback was my glasses steaming up.


OK the photos inserted up above and I can't seem to get them to move around.  I'm tired, sorry.  I'm trying to take it moment by moment but now I'm ready to be done.  Lots of people on the trail today and yesterday...Lots of chatter.

I chatted with a fellow from Michigan last night.  He started at the starting point in France, just across the Pyrenees.  He was eager to soak to an American.  Grumpy is an adjective I'd use to describe him.  But he has walked almost 700 km.  So I suppose he's entitled.  I was just kind of surprised by his irritation.

Anyway, that's it for now.  No brilliant insights.  I keep telling folks, when asked my motivation for waking, that I need to re set my life.  Here's pRaying, fervently that that is what comes of this.

Thanks for your love and support.

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment