Monday, May 12, 2014

Planes, trains, autobuses

Awoke at oh-dark thirty, after a scant 3 hours sleep, for my 7 am flight.  It's always puzzling to me what to pack...what's too much, what isn't right, what I'm overlooking.  I'm going to be carrying this backpack for the next 30 days, so I really wanted to be ruthless in my selection.

After lots of research...maybe too much...I have a minimal wardrobe; none really appropriate for Madrid.  I looked quite the spectacle wandering around on buses, subway and on foot consulting my minimalist map.  Several kind people asked if I needed assistance.  Amazingly I did not; I just looked astray.
:-)

I'm staying at a sweet little bed and breakfast run be a husband and wife: Eduardo and Norma.  He's loquacious and charming, speaking English with great ease.  She is much quieter, apologizing for poor English.  I wish I were as skillful in Spanish as she is in English though..

After resting, I'm off to see if I can find my way back...well, not really.  I'm going to go walk around and see wI'mhat I can see. I only hope I can find my way back.

Bye for now.

Peg

1 comment:

  1. Keep the posts coming! I love reading about other people's travels around the world!

    ReplyDelete